Master of Science in Education-TESOL
The Master of Science in Education-TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) degree is designed to prepare graduates to teach English to speakers of other languages in any environment, in any country. This degree program incorporates the coursework included in the Professional and Advanced Professional Certificates in TESOL programs, while adding other courses designed to develop leadership and research skills. Completion of this 33-credit hour program results in the highest academic credential that is normally held by English-language teaching professionals in this field.
This is not a licensure program.
Admission to the Master of Science in Education-TESOL program requires the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university or college
- 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (4.0 scale)
- 3.0 grade point average for prior graduate courses, or satisfactory GRE scores (general test) earned no more than five years prior to enrollment
- Three letters of recommendation
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit either a satisfactory TOEFL score earned no more than 12 months prior to the date of enrollment or satisfactory GRE scores as described above
- Applicants must also submit an essay
The degree requires 33 credits with a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN EDUCATION: TESOL CONCENTRATION COURSE REQUIREMENTS
|TSL 501||The Profession of TESOL||3|
|TSL 502||Linguisitics for TESOL||3|
|TSL 523||Methods & Materials for Language Teachers||3|
|TSL 541||Language & Culture||3|
|TSL 561||Second Language Acquisition||3|
|TSL 524||Assessment for Language Teachers||3|
|TSL 596||Active Observation in TESOL||3|
|TSL 595||Topics in TESOL||3|
|TSL 671||Language Program and Curriculum Design||3|
|TSL 681||Research & Statistics for TESOL||3|
|Plus one of the following:|
|TSL 691||TESOL Internship||3|
|TSL 693||Independent Second Language Research||3|
Transfer credit: Transfer credits will be granted on the basis of review by the TESOL faculty. A maximum of nine (9) hours of credit may be transferred when earned at an accredited institution and when the credits fulfill required courses.
Please contact Dr. Steven Humphries wth any questions at [email protected]